Aragonite is said to help increase energy and reduce stress.
Glossary of Stone Meanings
Is said to dispel negative energy and to improve confidence, leadership and communication.
Enhance self-expression and creativity.
An extremely soothing crystal.
Historically seen as a gemstone for spirituality and serenity, the Amethyst is considered helpful for the following:
- Improving mood and energy.
- Attracting love and happiness.
- Promoting a sense of peace and healing.
Is said to enhance communication and self-expression. Apatite is also believed to bring inspiration.
Calming and overcoming fears and phobias.
- Uplifting mood from depression to cheerfulness.
- Keeping focused in order to achieve success.
- Improving communication between couples.
- Maximising love and fidelity in relationships.
- Enhancing knowledge and insight.
- Protection from the sea – the Aquamarine was historically used by sailors and believed to be the stone of mermaids.
It has a soft, cooling and calming, energy that brings peace of mind. It is believed to neutralize anger, reduce infection, inflammation and fever and to ease arthritis. It is also said to promote qualities of kindness, patience, wisdom and peace.
Soothing and Calming, reduces stress.
Aids in problem solving. Inspires and uplifts.
Promotes truth, honesty, openness and forgiveness.
Helps to find your true voice.
Have been used as talismans to for good fortune and protection against harm.
- An action stone – motivates people to take action to achieve career success.
- An energy booster – increase of physical strength.
- Increases sexual energy.
- Instils confidence and courage.
- Stimulates creativity.
- Protects against negative emotions – especially anger.
- Enhances sociability and emotional warmth.
Have been used as talismans for good fortune and protection against harm.
Soothes fears and tensions, helps to quiet strong emotions and helps with lethargy.
While Emerald has a calming effect on the emotions, it has an invigorating effect on thought, reflection, and philosophy.
It embodies unity, loyality, compassion and unconditional love.
Is said to help with absorbing new ideas and bringing order to chaos.
The power of love, wealth, good luck and protection from harm.
Have been called the 'teardrops of the moon'. Some believe that pearls were formed by the passage of angels through the clouds of heaven. Over time, the pearl has become a symbol of purity and innocence.
A stone that attracts love. It can also be used to attract money and assist in clear reasoning. wisdom, justice, compassion, modesty and courage.
Referred to as a Stone of Magic by the Inuit people – it awakens your intuition. It is the most powerful protector in the mineral kingdom. It protects against negativity.
Is treasured for it’s remarkable play of colour known as labradorescence. It is typically grey, but has layers that refract light as iridescent flashes of peacock blue, gold, pale green and coppery red. It can be worn with anything.
A stone of strength and courage.
For many people lapis is a stone of truth and friendship. It brings harmony to relationships and helps its wearer openly state their opinions.
Milky whites and blues, silver greys, pinks, peach, orange and silvery rainbow – all with lustrous sheens.
This milky, translucent crystal is believed to be strongly connected to the moon. It is a calming stone and can be very effective in soothing the emotions.
This mystical looking gemstone has associations with the moon and the goddess Diana.
The Moonstone has a history of association with the following meanings:
- Helps to calm and balance the emotions.
- Brings out the “feminine qualities” – gentleness and intuition.
- Used by gemstone healers for balancing hormone cycles.
- Enhances passion for couples when worn at full moon.
- Heals damaged relationships and creates new ones.
- Bestows good fortune upon the wearer.
Black Obsidian is a very protective stone. It is said to form a shield against negativity and to absorb negative energies from the environment.
A “grounding” stone that has been used for attaining physical and mental strength for power and success. The Onyx is believed to enhance many of the qualities needed for success as a politician or business person. These qualities include:
- Acquisition of self mastery and self confidence.
- Ability to repel negative thinking and negativity of others.
- Protection from adversaries – wards off the evil eye.
- Development of stamina and strength.
- Courage and control.
- Increased prosperity.
- Health and happiness.
- Vigor and constancy.
Encourages love, wealth and protection.
It can be held or worn to promote clarity of thought and to help you to see your way more clearly. It can also clear away negativity.
Creates confidence and capability wherever it is needed.
A translucent or transparent pink crystal. It is known as the 'Love Stone' and is said to be the stone of unconditional love.
Is said to be life sustaining and to be capable of restoring a person's vitality and vibrancy.
Is related to the moon and the ebb and flow of the tides - it is fluid, emotional, sensitive and mysterious. It is soothing, calming and purifying. It signals a time of reflection to open new doors and lights the way to the future.
It is seen as a glamorous, sophisticated color related to female energy, prosperity and modernity.
It protects itself from outside negativity, reflecting the energy back to where it began. Feng Shui - Yin, Metal, trustworthiness, romance.
An extremely protective stone. It protects against negative energies by gently dissolving any negative emotions it comes into contact with.
Has always been a talisman of passion, protection and prosperity.
The seed from a Rudraksh tree, traditionally used as prayer beads in Hinduism. Malas (108 beads) are often made from Rudraksha. Malas are used to repeat mantras.
Rudraksha is worshipped as a source of good luck, good health, prosperity, medical values, success, and financial gains.
Blue sapphires were known by the ancients as “celestial gems” because their colors reflected the sky at various times of the day from dawn to sunset. Some of their perceived properties are:
- Faithfulness and devotion.
- Clarity and perception.
Smokey Topaz is associated with leadership, knowledge, tranquility, and communication.
It is said that spinel lowers stress and anxiety.
- Black Spinel: Fosters protection and alleviates stress.
- Blue Spinel: Soothes and calms.
- Red Spinel: Energizes and strengthens.
- Green Spinel: Facilitates healing, communication and wisdom.
- Orange Spinel: Inspires optimism.
Perhaps the oldest stone in man’s history, the talisman of kings, shamans, and warriors. It is a stone of protection, strong and opaque, yet soothing to the touch, healing to the eye, as if carved from an azure heaven and slipped to earth. Its unique shade of blue, often blue-green, lends it name, Turquoise, to all things of this tranquil hue. Turquoise was sacred in its adornment and for power, luck, wisdom and protection.
- Protecting the wearer from negative energy.
- Creating peace.
- Enhancing friendships.
Howlite is thought to help you become aware of your goals and ambitions and to aid you in achieving them.